It has been a long time since I’ve made the time to cook or bake anything new, which means this post is actually my first recipe THIS YEAR. So crazy!
Anywho, what better way to kick off this year than with some of my famous blueberry banana bread? Okay, maybe it’s not famous just yet, but I made it once and when I brought it to the office, my coworkers raved about it all morning. So there. Also, anyone who knows me, knows I make a killer vegan banana bread, so there ya go. Reputation upheld.
This blueberry banana bread recipe is naturally sweet and moist from all the bananas, with the addition of cinnamon that goes heavenly with the blueberries. For this recipe, I used some frozen wild blueberries I had from the summertime, but you can use fresh ones too. If you do use frozen berries, make sure they aren’t caked with ice and rinse them first if they are.
Pro tip: Enjoy this banana bread with some almond butter on top for the best on-the-go breakfast you’ll ever have!
Vegan Blueberry Banana BreadPrint This
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3-4 overripe bananas
1 cup blueberries (mine were frozen)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Grease one loaf pan (about 9×5) with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mash your bananas. Add melted butter, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a separate large bowl (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt). Slowly add in banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Transfer batter into loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until edges are slightly brown or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
- Enjoy fresh from the oven with vegan butter and cinnamon on top. Mmmmmmmmm.